Hello, neighbors! It’s me again, Gabriela Couvillion, your host of the San Antonio Daily.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Sunny, cooler and less humid. High: 77 Low: 46.
Here are the best stories in San Antonio today:
- The weekend is finally here and it’s almost Halloween! What a perfect time for a refreshing cocktail experience at Rock star festivals are afraid of the dark pop-up series, “a 4-part interactive cocktail journey where spooky and dark stories of San Antonio we will tell the ghosts! “The event will take place at Lambermont Castle, located at 950 East Grayson St., which is considered âone of the most haunted places in the areaâ of the city. Prepare for a spooky experience this weekend at Haunted tavern event, and congratulations to you! (KSAT San Antonio)
- One of that of San Antonio most precious and beloved places, the Japanese tea garden, can now also be enjoyed via an app called “Augmented interactive Japanese tea garden Reality application. “The functionalities of the application”Kokoro, a colorful dragon that takes flight virtually in the garden Dragons Bridge“and” offers six augmented reality experiences, which are pinned to different places in the field. “The interactive application, which was developed as a COVID-19[female[feminine project of Geomedia inc. and the San Antonio Parks Foundation, debuted on October 8 and can now be downloaded from the Apple App and Google Play stores. For more details on the application and to learn more about the history of the beautiful Japanese tea garden, visit: (culturemap.com)
- âNuestra cultura para todosâ (Our culture for all), is the motto of The association of Puerto Ricans in San Antonio, a non-profit group founded in 2009 through Caesar Del Valle, whose “goal is to share their culture through the arts and gastronomy”. Daniel Aponte and Carlos Ramos, veterans of the Puerto Rican and American army, now contribute to the pursuit of the association’s objective of sharing the Puerto Rican culture, foods and traditions with people of their generation, and for new generations of their culture. Porto Rico maybe far, but “you won’t have to go far to get a taste of La Isla del Encanto Where The Isle of Enchantment. “Each year they host several events, such as the Latin Roots Music and Cuisine Party, where you can enjoy delicious Puerto Rican flavors here in town. âThe proceeds from their cultural events are used to fund scholarships for those from Puerto Rican heritage and people with special needs. Â»For more details visit: (KSAT San Antonio)
- Now that afall is here and the weather is getting colder, this is the perfect time to experience the Autumn leaves, and there are several Texas State Parks where you can do just that. TO Lost Maples State Natural Area you can see the leaves turning of the beautiful big-toothed maples. TO Pedernales Fall State Park, you can take a bike ride or hike over 40 miles of trails. TO Garner State Park, you can spend the night in a chalet or camp under the stars. For more details and information on park reservations, visit: (San Antonio Magazine)
today San Antonio Daily is brought to you by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
Today in San Antonio:
- ISA Garage Sale – Legacy of Educational Excellence High School. (9h00)
- Free mini photoshoots in San Antonio – 514 West Commerce St. (9 a.m.)
- Well-being at the Tobin | TamboRhythms Drum Circle – Tobin Center for the Performing Arts. (9h00)
- Nicholls State Colonels vs. Incarnate Word Cardinals – Gayle Stadium and Tom Benson. (11:00)
- Kyle Kinane – Paper Tiger. (7 p.m.)
- Chingo Bling – Laugh Out Loud Comedy Club. (7 p.m.)
San Antonio Badge Book
- San Antonio Zoo: “To live Zoo Boo! presented by Valero benefit for children and go see the dinos this weekend at the zoo! Prepare for a ROAR-sometimes! Visit http://ow.ly/Z4Op30rVvvX for more information. The dinosaurs will be there until December 31! “(Facebook)
- Visit San Antonio: “The brand new Zoo train is here! For decades, the train has delighted families with rides through Brackenridge Park. Now it’s your turn to San Antonio Zoo! “(Instagram)
- The San Antonio River Walk: “Don’t miss the holiday season kicking off with us on our 40th anniversary Ford Holiday River Parade. Buy your tickets now before it’s too late at https://bit.ly/3j0uLEt. “(Facebook)
- Visit San Antonio: “The small village of La Villita Historical Arts Village is on the south bank of the Walk on the river and is also known as one of the that of San Antonio cultural art poles! Stroll through electronics-style shops and handcrafted finds. “(Facebook)
- Aquatic San Antonio: âLast weekend of the year! A last weekend to enjoy the aquatic pleasure of the serene to the extreme! Saturday and Sunday come slide, slide, ride and enjoy the animals in the most unique water park of Texas.” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are all caught up for today. I’ll see you soon! If you enjoy these newsletters, consider bringing friends and neighbors with you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Gabriela Couvillion
About Me: I am an active mom of two grown sons and a longtime San Antonio resident. I received a BA in Spanish from the University of Texas at San Antonio, and in my spare time I immerse myself in creative writing. Thanks for reading Patch, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any news and events that you think our readers might like!
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming San Antonio Daily? You can contact me at [email protected]